So I have my little scooter, ahem, my Piaggio. I think it’s one of the coolest things on the planet and I love to come across those rare moments when I can just take off and go flying down the road with the wind in my face and the bugs in my teeth. It is absolutely one of my favorite things. I have learned a thing or two since riding on my hog (or piglet as Esther sweetly nicknamed it) and that’s going to be the topic of my Thursday Thirteen so here ya go!
1. There are a lot of things (like road kill or garbage) on the road that you pass by in your car and say, gee, that was gross. Those things are even grosser when you are going 35 mph and you can’t swerve away from said nastiness because of oncoming traffic.
2. And they stink WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY worse than they do in your car.
3. Skunks are the most foul smelling creature on the planet – especially the road kill ones.
4. Cow poop is ENORMOUS!!
5. Bugs do not taste good. They are also GINORMOUS in size compared to what they look like in your car.
6. And they will sting you if they go down your shirt.
7. Helmets are good.
8. But there is nothing like getting on my piglet and heading down the road with the wind blowing in my hair and the sun shining on my face and the fun feeling that explodes in my chest as I ride down the street.
9. Buying one gallon of gas every two weeks is awesome.
10. So is getting 65 mpg.
11. I feel cool on my scooter when the motorcycle guys reach out and give me that “hey, what’s up? I have a two wheeled vehicle also so we are really special, more special than people who are driving regular vehicles” wave.
12. Little kids love me (ok, ok…they love the scooter, but I AM RIDING the scooter and it’s all part and parcel, therefore little kids love ME too!).
13. Um, dogs HATE the scooter. And me riding on the scooter. That whole part and parcel bit. They try to bite me. I kick them and keep rocks in my “glovebox” for said dogs.
That’s all for now, stay tuned for more “Tales From The Road”. Next up, “Tales From Texas”!